Driver Retention is Job #1.
Our highest priority company-wide is to retain good, experienced professional drivers. We will treat you with the dignity and respect you deserve. We will also make sure that you are fairly compensated for the professional service you provide. Most importantly, you will be provided direct access to all personnel and departments in the Company from Driver-Managers, Human Resources, Payroll to the CEO. We encourage and expect feedback from all of our professional drivers – you are the most critical part of our team.
It is our job to build the foundation for a long term, mutually beneficial relationship with qualified individuals. It is also our job to make sure your experience driving for Secured Land Transport continually meets your expectations.
We ensure the following initiatives will meet our objective of retaining you:
- Becoming an industry leader by upgrading our entire fleet with the purchase of 200 new Kenworth tractors
- Launching a nationwide Dromedary Service and providing additional compensation for our Professional Drivers who participate in the service
- Securing several new high quality customers who provide significant growth opportunities for the Company and its Professional Drivers
- Opening a new full service truck terminal in Shawnee, Oklahoma to increase home time and quality of life for our Professional Drivers
- Providing all new hires with the opportunity to meet with the executive management team (COO and CEO) during orientation and encouraging them to maintain direct contact after orientation
- Launching the industry’s most innovative Driver Pay Plan which directly aligns Driver’s safety/performance/activities and his/her compensation
Driver Pay Plan
Our innovative Driver Pay Plan is intended to support our objective of retaining good, experienced Professional Drivers. We understand that there is a lot more to your job than just miles, particularly in our industry sector. We have crafted a Driver Pay Plan that provides a comprehensive compensation structure that covers all aspects of your job. The Plan is composed of three main “sections” as follows:
1. Base Pay
The Base Pay makes up the first component of the Driver Pay Plan. It is payable for each day (including weekends and holidays) that a Professional Driver is not on unpaid home time but is ready for dispatch, regardless of whether you are on a load or not. It is paid on weekends, holidays, during breakdowns, while sitting, and while you are traveling home or traveling to work. It is paid regardless of miles driven or activities completed.
2. Activity Pay
The second component of the Plan is the Activity Pay. We have developed a set bonus payments tied to activities that are beneficial to both the Professional Driver and the Company. These bonus payments include Drom Bonus, Border Crossing Bonus, Flatbed Bonus and Driver Unload/Load/Assist Bonus. All Activity Pay is in addition to the Base Pay.
3. Performance Bonus Pay
After 90 days of employment, a Professional Driver becomes eligible for the Weekly Performance Bonus which is the last and most important part of the new Plan. We have developed this part of the Plan to reward our Professional Drivers for excellent safety, security and customer service. We will be paying Professional Drivers a mileage bonus of up to $0.12 per mile depending on their level of experience and how well they are driving. The Bonus Pay is paid in addition to both the Base Pay and Activity Pay. In order to be eligible for the Performance Bonus Pay, the Driver must not have any “Preventable Violations/Accidents” (as described in the Policy) in the week they are eligible for the bonus.
Other Components and Benefits
- We offer flexible home time to our employees.
- After one year of full-time service and availability, our Professional Drivers may be eligible for 7 calendar days of paid vacation time.
- After two years of full-time service and availability, our Professional Drivers may be eligible for 14 calendar days of paid vacation time.
- $10,000 life insurance paid by the Company
- Health and dental insurance are available after 3 months of employment.
All applicants must meet the following criteria:
- 2 years interstate driving experience
- Commercial Drivers License with HazMat endorsement
- Clean motor vehicle record
- Must meet and maintain Government Security Clearance Criteria
- Pre-employment and random drug screening
If you are interested in joining our team, please apply online.
For questions, please contact Rhonda Eley or Mike Watson.
email@example.com | 800.835.9471
firstname.lastname@example.org | 623.344.1117